You can place stunning photography on your website and accompany it with the most fabulous copy but if your photography website user experience is not up to scratch then your visitor will leave within seconds and they won’t see any of it!
Alex Vita from Foreground Web joined me last week inside the Facebook group (have you joined us yet??!) to talk about what you need to do to make sure your website visitors enjoy browsing your site and stay around for a while!
Alex gives seriously valuable insights into:
- Photographers’ relationship with SEO and why he believes we need to stop putting all of our eggs in the SEO basket
- Why user experience matters so much when it comes to Google and conversions
- How to ace navigation menus
- Best use of typography
- Your website performance and how to check it
- The importance of a great mobile experience
- Broken links and how to fix them
- How to use pop ups in less annoying ways
- Alex’s pet peeve – auto playing music
- Adding a search function to your photography website
- Choosing a background for your site
- Your photography website homepage
- Contact information and forms
The way to make Google happy is to make your website visitors happy. Alex Vita from Foreground Web tells us how to create a photography website user experience!
Check out Alex’s website where he has STACKS of resources aimed at helping photographers just like you.
Here’s a link to Alex’s detailed and unbelievably helpful articles.
And finally, Alex hangs out on Twitter. Connect with him here.
Other links mentioned in the video:
We do these Live shows every week inside our FREE Facebook group for professional photographers. Join us here.
Ready to take your own business to dizzy heights? Check out the membership!